mardi 2 novembre 2010

A little late

I know I'm a little late on starting this up but I wanted to make sure I didn't get too far behind on anecdotes and tales from France.
I'm now at Charles de Gaulle airport on my way to Berlin for the Green Talents forum (more info on that later).
After a month and a half in school they give us a 5-day weekend for la Toussaint. A good excuse to visit the cousins in Deauville! Seafood and cold weather is abound although I was able to make it to the pool one day (50m pool that uses sea water). I mostly played with the 2 little A's and obliged them in all of their hames and activities. Although 4 and 6 year old duos produce so much noise, emotions, and contradictions that it's pretty hard to keep up. All of the cousins are fantastic as usual and definitely get the most out of their weekend getaway home. The beach is pristine and great for walks, runs, and biking even in cold weather.




I spent the night in Paris at Arnaud's house, pretty laid back evening with his friends from elementary to high school.

Orleans? Awesome. A lot of people knock it and say there is very little going on but I think they don't dig deep enough. Therebis always a plethora of activities especially during the weekend ranging from farmers markets, used CD fairs, live music, and simply the outdoor paths that run along the Loire. Ok, it's not Paris but there is a nice charm to it and I've fallen in well between my roomate and the people from school.
Here's a pic from the other side if the Loire from my house on l'ile Charlemagne, a great place to run and bike. You can also reserve places and half parties and cookouts like the school hosted for the "integration" party at the beginning of the semester.



Yep, tearing it up. Now it's off to Germany.

-A

Location:Le Mesnil-Amelot,France

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire